Re: (kawa pictures) square-limit pictures

On 10/30/2016 11:54 AM, Sudarshan S Chawathe wrote:

An issue related (I think) to the choice of names is how closely the
library follows the original SICP pictures language v. how closely it
tries to match Kawa's composable pictures style.  Here I am thinking
about, for instance, the implementation of "below" using SICP's explicit
notion of painting into frames (and frame transformations) v. using
Kawa's re-center and vbox.  When I first started writing the
square-limit example, I went with the first option, but then decided
that is probably not in the spirit of the Kawa pictures library.  There
is probably value in having both methods.

I've considered adding a procedure to help bridge the SICP
model and the Kawa model.  Something like:

(transform-to RECT PICTURE)

This would be equivalent to some (with-transform TRANSFORM PICTURE)
such that the bounds of the result matches RECT.

More generally RECT could be a parallelogram.  (Note a rotated rectangle is
a parallelogram but is not considered a rectangle.) In that case the
bounds of the transform would not match RECT, but would have the
same bounds as RECT.

The RECT corresponds to the "frame" of SICP.