Re: kawa binary snapshot

On 06/06/2016 01:44 PM, Jamison Hope wrote:
It seems to work fine on Mac OS X, as long as I run under Java 8.
I get an UnsupportedClassVersionError if I try to use Java 7.

Yes, the JLine3 implementation has some Java 8 dependencies.

I re-build (and re-uploaded) kawa-2.1.9-20160618.zip built with
-source 7 -target 7, so Kawa will run under Java 7, though you
won't get the jline (or domterm) support.

(Also, the path to servlet.jar in the script is not very portable, but
this doesn't affect ordinary non-server usage.)

I fixed that.

Yeah that is neat, and is something that rlwrap can't match (since it
just dumbly wraps I/O to java without knowing anything of parenthesis
matching).

Also, tab-completion would be difficult with rlwrap (or the old
kawa-frontend).

Are the prompt colors going to be customizable?  I usually do
white-on-black, so the JLine prompt ends up being white on light green,
which is hard to read.

Yes.  I expect I will remove the default prompt coloring when using jline,
though for now I checked it to green foreground, rather than green background.
I do plan to keep some default prompt color when using domterm, but that
is customizable with css:

(domterm-load-stylesheet "span[std='prompt'] {color: blue; background-color: pink }")

(This does not yet work when using jline+domterm, because there isn't
yet a way for jline to pass the correct escape codes to domterm.)