Re: kawa lib and jdk version

Le Friday 29 April 2016 17:53:14 Per Bothner, vous avez ÃcritÂ:
> On 04/29/2016 06:48 AM, Damien Mattei wrote:
>
> > i'm want to run  kawa on debian server using tomcat and jdk7 , if i get
> > the binary distribution of kawa for now i have compatibility with jdk7
> > and above, but what happens if i had get the source distribution of kawa
> > and compile it on the development platform with jdk8 , will it be
> > compatible with jdk7 and the tomcat server under debian if i
> >   deploy an application packaged with the kawa-2.1.jar compiled with jdk8?
>
> There are two parts to this issue:
> (1) Make sure Kawa doesn't depend on any optional Java 8 features.
> That shouldn't be a problem if you use configure+make (since in that case
> you would have to explicitly request Java 8 features), but it's a bit trickier
> if you build with Ant (because of the auto-configuration in Kawa's build.xml).
>
> (2) Make sure you build the class files for the correct version of the JVM.
> That means you need to pass -target 7 to the javac command.  The following
> is believed to work:
>    export JAVAC='javac -target 7'
>    configure --with-java-source=7
>    make
>
> The  --with-java-source=7 is probably not needed, but it's a good idea to
> specify it.  (One reason is the Kawa default might change.)
>
> You might have to experiment a bit, and you might run into a Kawa bug.
> (If so, let me know.)

thanks ,
i had made few attemps to work with jdk7,unfortunately it complains about a major version of 51 (my platform) instead of 52 (kawa)
so i will use jdk8 where all is ok ,it's just that where i work servers are under jdk7 but i hope it will be upgraded soon
regards,
damien

--
Damien.Mattei@unice.fr, Damien.Mattei@oca.eu, UNS / OCA / CNRS