Re: kawa build from source fails - revision 8603

David,

On Sep 21, 2015, at 5:31 PM, David Pirotte <david@altosw.be> wrote:

> Andrea,
>
>>> this would be a debian testing packaging/installation problem? I
>>> doubt but I can't neither do i have to the time to confirm this.
>
>> I just tried to build from source on debian testing with OpenJDK 7 and
>> it works for me. Can you try the following and post  here the output?
>
>> make clean
>> make distclean
>> svn update
>> make
>
> That is exactly what I did before to send this report:
>
> 	http://sourceware.org/ml/kawa/2015-q3/msg00065.html
>
> 	[ revision 8604 ]
>
> But I did not know OpenJDK was not supported, I thought it was the only being
> supported.  Not being the only does obviously not mater, but being supported is
> essential for me.

I just installed Debian Testing in a VM, installed OpenJDK 7, and built Kawa.
There were no errors building with make or with ant.

$ java -version
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.1) (7u85-2.6.1-3)

So, [Debian Testing / OpenJDK 7 / Kawa] works fine for both Andrea and me.
It's got to be a problem specific to your machine.

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group