Re: irc

> > so, i want to try kawa, with some help I should, if i'm not mistaken, 'import'
> > any java, any jar, and play the same way, I mean in better ways even, then what
> > i can do using clojure, is this reasonable assumption?
>
> I've been told that Kawa has better Java integration than Clojure.
> Kawa makes it easy to extend Java classes, use annotations, parameterized types
> (to an extent). If you define-simple-class you get a very straight-forward mapping
> to a Java class. The colon syntax OBJ:PROPERTY first looks for a field PROPERTY in
> OBJ; and then it automatically look for a getPROPERTY method.  Etc etc.

great!

	now i need to read a tutorial on how to ... like i wrote in my last
	imagej/clojure email, as an example of a starting point...

> A big potential advantage is that with Kawa you just need the kawa.jar.  You don't
> need to install and learn a new tool philosopy (i.e. leiningen) - which causes
> extra startup slow-down.  Kawa starts up really fast.

That really totally got me off clojure! exactly, exactly what we don't want to do:
learning another extra 'tool', I totally agree with you and these folks on redit! We
want emacs, scheme, the autotool chain and git [bash, but these days i write my
scripts in scheme as well].

> https://www.reddit.com/r/lisp/comments/2df2rm/should_my_startup_attempt_to_use_abcl_in_a/

> BTW I do recommend building Kawa from Subversion; the "released" jar is a bit old.
> I'd like to make a new official release, but I'm in the middle of various changes.

Any git somewhere? I'm a good git user, no svn experience

Cheers,
David