Re: efficiency regression in r8479

On May 27, 2015, at 12:20 PM, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:

> On 05/26/2015 03:35 PM, Jamison Hope wrote:
>> Am I just catching a work-in-progress with this new unsigned primitive
>> stuff?
>
> Hm.  I can't reproduce this - I get the efficient bytecode, using
> the currently-checked-in code, using JDK 1.7.

Interesting.  If I do "svn up && ant" then I see the problem (with both 1.7
and 1.8), but if I do "svn up && ant clean && ant" then I don't.  So there
must be something that needs to get rebuilt after the 8479 change set that
ant overlooks.

Sorry for the noise!

> Indeed, unsigned primitive integer support is a work-in-progress.
> BTW a major motivation for doing this work at this time
> is to provide consistent behavior between SRFI-4 uniform vectors
> and native arrays, including having the former return unboxed results.

Sounds reasonable.  Is there going to be reader syntax for unsigned
literals?

> This in turn is related to the "generic sequence" support I'm working on.
> (Once that is done, I plan to document and stabilize for a Kawa 2.2 release.)

Are we skipping 2.1?

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group