Re: Error when compiling to a servlet

On 02/14/2015 08:07 AM, Ben wrote:
It is not possible to compile a servlet like described in :

http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Servlets.html

system:
- kawa-2.9

There is no "kawa-2.9".  The kawa-2.0.jar that I released
does include gnu/kawa/servlet/KawaServlet.class.  Are you using
some other kawa-XX.jar?  Did you build it yourself?  If so, how?

- /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java
- ubuntu 14.04.1

command:
kawa --servlet -C script.scm

what works though isa
kawa  -C script.scm and
kawa  --servlet script.scm

but not the combination of --servlet and -C

The --servlet option doesn't do anything without -C, so that makes sense.

Note that you also need the servlet-api.jar (available various places including Tomcat
or Glassfish).  This containss javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet.  However, if you had
gnu/kawa/servlet/KawaServlet but were missing javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet you'd get:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

So I'm assuming there is a problem with your Kawa installation.