Re: Different behavior for -s argument in Kawa 2.0?

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:

> On 01/09/2015 04:06 PM, Per Bothner wrote:

>>> Please try the attached patch.  You will need to specify --console.
>>> You shouldn't don't need to specify -s.
>>

>> The patch doesn't work, because setHaveConsole is executed before
>> InPort is initialized.
>

> Please try the attached console2.patch instead.
>

> --
>         --Per Bothner
> per@bothner.com   http://per.bothner.com/

Hi Per,

Sorry for the delayed response I was in the moutains for the last few
days, and thus away from a computer.  I built kawa from the 2.0
sources after applying your patch and then ran the resulting jar using
the --console argument in emacs on windows, and I do in fact get the
repl appearing in emacs.  Fantastic!!!  Thank you so much for your
efforts here, I am excited to dig into kawa 2.0 and see what it has to
offer.

Please let me know if there is any other information that I can
provide, or if there is anything else that you would like me to test.
Thanks for your efforts,
Jeff