Re: synchronized in r7rs library

On 12/28/2014 04:31 PM, Seth Alves wrote:

Well... I notice that it's callable from the top-level, just not from
within an r7rs library.

This is what r7rs requires: In a define-library the only visible
bindings are those explicitly defined or imported.  OTOH at the top-level
"For convenience and ease of use, the global Scheme environment in a
REPL must not be empty, but must start out with at least the bindings
provided by the base library."

One of the things I had to explicitly work on for the R7RS functionality was
making sure the define-library "environment" starts out empty.

Is there currently some incantation that
would import it

The following should work:

(import (only (kawa lib syntax) synchronized))

However, that will not work if synchronized is moved
from the kawa.lib.syntax class.  That sort of thing occasionally
happens, as I consider the specific implementation class an
implementation detail.

(as well as future, force, runnable)?

That is why as need to define some library such as (kawa all) or
(kawa jvm). so you could (import (kawa jvm)) - as I mentioned in my