kawa web-site changes

I've been working on some changes to the Kawa home-page to
make it less cluttered, "punchier", and generally more appealing.

Please take a look at http://per.bothner.com/tmp/kawa/index.html
and compare it to http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/ .

The main focus for now is on the left button-bar (or top button-bar
if on a narrow window).  I want to have just the essential buttons,
especially on the home page, to make it obvious where to get started.

I may do some style tweaks with the buttons, such as putting some
space between the (top-level) buttons.

Let me know if you think I have the right set of buttons, if the order
could be improved, and if the text is appropriate.  The web page is still
mostly generated from doc/kawa.texi, so the simplest way to re-order
button entries to is to re-order parts of kawa.texi, which is what
I've done.

A possible misfeature: If you select a section-level page (e.g.
Reference Documentation -> Characters and text -> Strings) then the
other chapter-level pages are not shown in the menu bar.  Is that
a feature or a bug?

I'm also working on the "Features" page.  I want to get rid of all of
the paragraphs starting with "Kawa <verb> ....".  Instead I want phrasing
that has the feature more up-front, and is "punchier".

This is a work-on progress, and suggestions are welcome.  Much of the
text on the Features page is quite old, and may be about features that
are no longer as interesting.  What do you think are the high-value features
of Kawa, and how would you phrase each in a 1-3 sentence paragraph?

You may notice a minor tweak: The synopsis line for a Procedure, Syntax,
or Predicate now has parentheses around them.  For example in:
http://per.bothner.com/tmp/kawa/Paths.html
This is done using CSS styling, so the parens don't show up if you
copy-and-paste - or diable CSS styling.  It might be better to add the parens
using XSL.