Re: kawa 1.14: java.io.PrintWriter prints everything as "true"

On 10/07/2013 09:18 PM, Ito Kazumitsu wrote:

As seen from the last case, using kawa 1.14 with the command line option
"--script", java.io.PrintWriter prints everything as "true".

The test script depends on SQLite JDBC Driver:
      https://bitbucket.org/xerial/sqlite-jdbc

I could not make a simpler test script without using SQLite JDBC Driver.
But since it works fine with kawa 1.13, I am afraid there is something
wrong whith kawa 1.14.

That doesn't quite follow - there are all kinds other possibilities.

I can't really debug your script, and I don't see any obvious problems.
Some suggestions:

* Try using the latest Subversion of Kawa - it's possible the fix
I checked in for your previous bug report may be relevant.

* Simplify your script as much as you can.  For example:

                (cond
                   ((equal? o #!null)
                       (wtr:print "NULL"))
                   (#t
                       (wtr:print (o:toString))))

becomes:
                (wtr:print o)

* Try to figure out where in your script the "true" is coming from.

* Try replacing each 'define' by 'define-constant' or adding a type
specifier.  If there is one specific define where that fixes it, look
for where that variable is used, especially in the argument to a
method invocation (where overload resolution may be an issue).

* Try removing the --no-warn-unknown-member flags - that warning
tells you useful information.

* If you're adventurous, try adding the --debug-print-final-expr
flag.  That tells you how Kawa has analyzed your code - i.e.
what it looks like just before bytecode generation.

* If you want me to try to debug your script you have to give me
specific instructions.  I don't have jdbc experience, so you would
need to tell me exactly what to do: What to download, which
commands to run, etc etc.