Compilation (make) problem

Hi,

Under CentOS 6.3, I have some problems executing the Makefile found in
the `bin/` directory.

When arriving at this Makefile, the build failed saying that `tmp` is
a folder and cannot be written to. This problem comes from this line
in the Makefile (there is more that one instance):

    echo '#!/bin/sh' >tmp

This kind of lines are seen in target `kawa.sh`, `gckawa` and `gexo`.
I understand the purpose of this code, i.e. creating a temp file
containing the generated script then putting it at the right place.
But I can't find if it is either injected, or it's a macro, or what
else.

For now, my workaround is to replace all instance of `> tmp` by `>
/tmp/tempfile.out` so it can output the data correctly.

What would be the right fix for this problem?

Regards.
Matt