Re: Kawa compilation for Android, weird differences in compilation size

On 09/17/2012 01:22 AM, Marius Kjeldahl wrote:
Thanks for the pointer; very helpful! Based on my first reading it seems
Kawa creates an extra class to handle the module concept in Kawa.

My first stab at comprehending this is that if by coincidence this "Kawa
module" has the same name as the java class, then the "Kawa module" gets
implemented as a java inner class of the java class itself.

No - the "Kawa module" is the *same class* as the "java class" (named in the defined-simple-class). (As a general rule, the "module properties" become static members of the class.)

This was changed because people were surprised when it didn't work to do
what people were used to in Java: defining a class named Foo in a file
Foo.scm.

The Front$frame.class is a helper classes, used to implement lexical
scoping.  It is neither the module class or the activity ("java") class.