Re: [GSoC] Parameter protocols in CL

On 25 July 2012 18:36, Charles Turner <chturne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Afraid I still haven't made much progress on the keyword parameter
> bug...

I think I know what this is now. To recap

(defun test (&key ((secret password) nil)) (list password))

> (test 'secret 12)
(nil)

is the problem. The mistake is that searchForKeywords is
(unsurprisingly) searching for a *keyword* not a symbol, which is,
IIUC, what's required here. So since :secret != CL-USER::secret, it
fails. It seems like LambdaExp#keywords needs to be generalised to
Symbols, but that seems a tad drastic given that this is such an
uncommon programming practice and I imagine it will break all kinds of
things later on... As this would be quite a large change, are there
any comments about it before I proceed?

Thanks,
Charles.