Re: GSOC | Extending Common Lisp support

Thanks again Helmut!

My status so far is DECLARE processing of types is complete (although perhaps a little unrefined from an implementation point of view), many refactorings and minor fixes. As for packages, I have the following implemented which pass the tests I have enough infrastructure to run from the CLHS:

find-package, make-package, find-symbol, keywordp, use-package, export, import, package-used-by-list, package-use-list and in-package. That still leaves quite a bit left, but of the following, what would you suggest working on for DEFMACRO? I'm guessing DEFPACKAGE is kinda important. I also need to reorganise the primitives.lisp code to export the core forms through packages…

;TODO
;*modules*
;provide
;rename-package
;defpackage
;require
;do-all-symbols
;list-all-packages
;shadow
;do-external-symbols
;shadowing-import
;do-symbols
;package-name
;unexport
;package-nicknames
;unintern
;find-all-symbols
;package-shadowing-symbols
;unuse-package

I've also extended the reader to support package prefixes CL style. The only changes to the code I sent the other day is Helmut's correction and a check to make sure we're in the CL language before processing the package lookup (+ some minor bug fixes). This has mean't that return types in primitives.lisp kicked the bucket…

If you want to build up a list in Java to return to Lisp, what's the recommended way? It would be nice if LList implemented #add, but it doesn't, so I've resorted to the equivalent of CONS chaining a load of Pairs. Can't find examples of similar construction in the code base so far. This is for the package-uses-list support.

Charles.