Re: CL implementation questions

On 04/20/2012 03:47 PM, Jamison Hope wrote:
On Apr 20, 2012, at 4:56 PM, Charles Turner wrote:

Once the bug with DECLARE's scope handling is sorted, would it be best
to try and make THE fully compatible with the spec? Or to get more
CLTL1 functionality done in CL, ...

For now, I think covering the common case and moving on is OK. In order
for DECLARE and THE to fully match the spec, we need to have full
support for type specifiers, including compound type specifiers. That
seems like it could get quite involved, and I'm somewhat inclined to
hold off on it ...

I agree. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/