Re: Problem defining a class implementing an interface nested in a class

> Note that in Scheme in general and Kawa in particular the '.' is part of a name, and not an operator. ?(Likewise in XML.)
> Kawa uses ':' instead for most of the places where Java uses '.'. The name javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument is actually a single
> identifier, not a compound expression.

This is something I've been curious about, actually - isn't the same
true of ':'? According to R5RS it should be valid as a start or
subsequent character. So as I understand it:

(geom:translate 0 0)

has geom:translate as a single identifier. Also I think I should also
be able to do (according to something I'm sure I saw in the doc but
now can't find):

((geom:translate 0 0):translate 5 1)

How is the :translate part handled? Are these forms treated as special
by Kawa internally? Are spaces allowed around the ':' characters?

Thanks,
Colin