Re: jre compatibility

David Hurst wrote:
We have been using Kawa-1.7 and JRE 1.5.  We are being forced to consider
upgrading to JRE 1.6 and this is causing some problems that may be related
to Kawa.  It is not feasible for us to upgrade to Kawa-1.9 right now, so I'm
wondering if there are any known incompatibilities between Kawa 1.7 and JRE
1.6?

Nothing I can think of off-hand, but 1.7 is pretty old, and it's plausible it has some since-fixed bug that would cause problems with jdk 1.6. You could look through http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/news.html and see if anything is relevant. (However, the news file primarily lists new features, rather than bug fixes.)

I hope you can upgrade to Kawa 1.9.x soon - maybe the news.html
file will provide incentive!