any NetBeans experts out there?

I'm trying to set I up so I can develop Kawa using NetBeans.
(Since I'm working for Sun, it makes sense for me to learn
to becomes profient on NetBeans.)  I've checked in partial
"nbproject" support: I can browse files, run, and *start*
debugging.  However, I can't get the debugger to stop at a
breakpoint, nor when Kawa is running can I pause it so I
can examine the main stack.

First, I'd appreciate it if someone can try it out, to make
sure I've checked in the right files, and that they don't have
dependencies on my private paths.  (I'm using NetBeans 6.0 beta2.)

Secondly, I'd appreciate it even more if someone can tell me
what I'm doing wrong: How do I start up Kawa and have it stop
at a break-point?  I'm assuming there is something wrong
with the configuration files.

(For actually debugging Scheme code, Eclipse is probably better,
thanks to the SchemeWay project.  But since I need to use
NetBeans for my Day Job ...)