Re: Non-static classes

Margus Freudenthal wrote:
However, there seems to be no way to use these classes from kawa. If I just do (make SomeClass), I get runtime error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: SomeClass: method <init>()V not found

If I put module instance in a variable (using Java code) and do (make SomeClass module-instance), I get compile-time error:

no possibly applicable method '<init>' in SomeClass

Are the non-static classes meant to be called from Scheme?

Yes. And it is tested for in the Kawa testsuite, so it works in at least some cases.

Could you try to compe up with a simple testcase, including
specifying exactly what you did, and which version of Kawa
you use?  (Please try the SVN version or the 1.8.91 version.)