Re: Kawa with eclipse howto?

I have some little experience using Kawa, Schemeway and Ant together in mixed java/scheme projects.
I'm not able to write the whole document but I'd like to help with some part, when I'm back from holidays on Sept. 11th .
Marco

Per Bothner wrote:
It would be nice to have a HOWTO document explaining how to use Kawa
with Eclipse 3.2.  )I used to be able to debug Kawa with Eclipse, but
now I'm having some problems.)

Things to cover (not necessarily all at once):
* How to set things up to debug Kawa itself.  This would be helpful
for me, and anyone else who wants to actually debug Kawa.
Starting with setting up an appropriate project.
* Preferably being able to use an existing Kawa source tree.
* Preferably automatic rebuilding using Ant.
* Optionally using one of the SVN plugins to get the source.
* How to download and integrate Schemeway.

We may need two documents:
* How to use Eclipse to build and debug Kawa.
* How to use Eclipse+Kawa+Schemeway to build and debug Scheme
applications, and hybrid Scheme+Java applications.

We don't need complete details, as long as there are links
to sites that provide more details.

Also, I rather have a document that explains how to do some of
these things, rather than waiting for the perfect document
that describes it all!

I can handle editing and formatting.

Anyone want to get started?

-- Marco Vezzoli | Data Analysis & Information Systems NVMTD / FTM Advanced R&D / STMicroelectronics tel: 039 603 6852 | mobile: 340 1718325 | fax: 039 603 7892 mail: via Olivetti, 2 20041 Agrate Brianza (MI) Italy