Re: Retrieving resources from Scheme

The netbeans IDE lets you kick off a GC at any time - which I tried (to no avail) The larger program does not have such tight loops in any case. My understanding of the profiler is that it forces GC collection regularly as well so there's no a great deal of evidence pointing to a tight loop GC problem. I'm not sure about classloaders - I'll follow up with google.

My next step is to take Per's advice however and try to get the SVN version going. I think I'm currently on version 1.8; I seem to have cunningly shot myself in the foot by renaming the jar to kawa.jar and losing the version number. Is there any way to find out from the kawa repl directly ?

Andy

If the problem is not in your code, then chances are that the leak involves the classloader.

http://www.google.com/search?q=classloader+leaks

A subtle way for your code to be the culprit is that it is possible to
exhaust the heap in tight loops that don't give the GC enough time to
run.  Mileage will vary by JVM.

Jim