Re: Retrieving resources from Scheme

Andy Dwelly wrote:

> I'm experimenting with Kawa under JDK 1.5.0_4 and I have a program that
> repeatedly creates
> new Scheme objects, evaluates a series of functions and then discards them.
> I've run into what looks like a memory leak problem. I can make this
> happen most easily
> with the following class:

If the problem is not in your code, then chances are that the leak
involves the classloader.

http://www.google.com/search?q=classloader+leaks

A subtle way for your code to be the culprit is that it is possible to
exhaust the heap in tight loops that don't give the GC enough time to
run.  Mileage will vary by JVM.

Jim