Re: Documentation Question

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 04:27:47PM -0800, Per Bothner wrote:
> Gurpreet Saini wrote:
> >Does anyone know where I can find a downloadable
> >version of the language reference?
>
> The actual language reference "master source" is the file
> doc/kawa.texi in the source distribution.  You can use the
> GNU texinfo tools to generate an info file, a printable
> dvi/pdf file, or an html file.  The latter won't be the
> same as the online version, which is built using a more
> complex procedure, but it contains the same information.
>
> You can download the online docs using various tools,
> such as wget, though I agree it might be tricky to get
> just the manual.
>
> In the past I've set up a separate downloadable file
> with the documentation, and I probably could/should again.
> I'll try to remember to do that for 18.1, which I'd like to
> get out relatively soon (because it is needed for some
> articles I want to write).

  I have also found the "Revised 5 Report on the Algorithmic Language
  Scheme" quite useful.  I do not know, from where it can be
  downloaded, but I am using a version that comes with DrScheme on
  Linux and, if I am not wrong, it comes as a separate package on
  FreeBSD.

--
Victor Anyakin                         ()  ascii ribbon campaign
                                       /\    - against html mail