Re: trouble handling exceptions

Hurst, Dave wrote:
It seems that any
exceptions raised by the Scheme code in filename.scm are caught
somewhere in the Kawa interpreter and are not propagated up to the next
level.

At first look this seems to be due to the tail-call-handling.
A tail-call is deferred until after we've popped the current method's stack frame. Unfortunately, by that time we've also exited the try/catch block.

I tried some experiments to see if I could find a simple work-around. I haven't so far, so perhaps I'm missing the real problem. I'll look into it, but it may take a few days. (I have to write slides for my Lisp conference talk, plus fix another high-priority bug for Merced.)
per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/