Re: security features for kawa

 > +1 from me.
 >
 > I think JVM security is terribly underutilized.  Partly due to it's
 > inconvenience.  Being able to easily configure it from Kawa would be a
 > great feature.

Indeed, the use of the java security architecture in dynamic languages that
target the JVM seems unfortunately rare (I believe Groovy does something similar
to what I've implemented for Kawa). I've found the combination of Kawa and JVM
an indispensable platform for building distributed applications that are
fully adaptive at runtime without sacrificing security.

That said, my stuff doesn't really address configuring security policies,
just using them, i.e. we use the existing policy implementation (the policy
file can contain an arbitrary number of security contours which can be
dynamically selected by the compiler). There's undoubtedly opportunity for
improvement here.

I'm not familiar with XDoclet. Are you suggesting that this is perhaps a
mechanism for building and maintaining security policies?
(as noted above, this could be done independently of the way Kawa
uses the policy).

tom