Re: Defining Java Classes in Kawa

Hi Vladimir,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 05:10:48PM +0400, Vladimir Tsichevski wrote:
> IMHO you should not do that at all unless:
>
> 1. You already have a LOT of pure scheme code which you want to run on
> Java virtual machine.

I don't have this.

> 2. The interface to existing Java classes is quite narrow and well defined.

This is true in my case. There are only two or three simple classes to extend.

> Otherwise if you just think just scheme would make Java programming
> simplier, you are probably wrong. In general, use Java framework to
> write java programs. Writing Java programs in scheme is possible, but
> just not inconvenient.

I'm not looking for a general purpose way to make Java programming
simpler. The goal was to allow the particular type of classes I'm
interested in to be implemented in scheme to give a functional-
programming interface. I hope this would allow for some formal or
quasi-formal analysis, or at least put me in a better situation for this
than using plain Java.

Thanks,

David