Re: krl servlets & concurrency

Per wrote:

> You can do this in BRL/KRL:
>
> [(let ((local-x (some-expression)))]
> <some-tag>[(use local-x)]</some-tag>[)]

Yes, this will do. I was mistaken assuming krl couldn't
 use text inside a "let".

> Well, you need at least two kinds of various:  Variables
> that are local to a request, and variables that
persist between
> requests.  'define' is the latter; you can use
> it's not obvious whether "define" in BRL/KRL should be
> also need to follow Scheme, where "define"
> means global.

Personally I feel that in servlet context define should
behave as define-local. Newcomers from JSP will also
find the present setting unexpected.

> We could presumably extend BRL/KRL with a define-local
form.

This would seem perfect: the best of both worlds. May I
count on this in a near future ?

> But for more complex HTML-generation tasks, expecially
if you
> need to read/use/generate XML/XHTML, I recommend using
XQuery:

> http://www.gnu.org/software/qexo/XQ-Gen-XML.html

I expect to use both: krl & quexo.

AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!