Re: krl servlets & concurrency

62945 wrote:

The technique you offer makes it quite difficult to mix
text/data and code in krl, since there can be no
top-level vars.

You can do this in BRL/KRL:

[(let ((local-x (some-expression)))]
<some-tag>[(use local-x)]</some-tag>[)]

Just remember than what's really going on in BRL/KRL is
that ]text[ is just funny syntax for "text".

Shouldn't (ou couldn't) KRL semantics follow JSP, since
it seems the most usual and practical ?

Well, you need at least two kinds of various: Variables that are local to a request, and variables that persist between requests. 'define' is the latter; you can use it's not obvious whether "define" in BRL/KRL should be also need to follow Scheme, where "define" means global.

We could presumably extend BRL/KRL with a define-local form.

But for more complex HTML-generation tasks, expecially if you
need to read/use/generate XML/XHTML, I recommend using XQuery:

http://www.gnu.org/software/qexo/XQ-Gen-XML.html