RE: http://theschemeway.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Dean!

By the way, as I wrote in my last entry, I am currently developing a Scheme
plugin for the Eclipse IDE. For the moment, it only features a Scheme editor
with parenthesis highlighting, automatic indentation, navigation commands
(forward S-expression, backward S-expression, up and down S-expression, swap
S-expressions). It is much more S-expression-aware than any other Scheme
plugin currently availabe for this platform (not to mention that they are
all more or less broken w.r.t parenthesis matching and indentation). It is
for use by Scheme professionals, not just students. Since I code in Scheme
almost 90% of my time, I really wanted something of industrial-strength
quality, nothing less.

In the end, I plan to get a Kawa plugin that will integrate more closely to
the Eclipse environment. For example, I would like code completion to be
aware of even the Java classes in the current workspace. A REPL inside
Eclipse would also be great.

If other people are interested in these features for their work (I mostly
developed the editor on my work time) or even help me, I will try to discuss
licensing issues with my boss. I would very much like to make the plugin
freely available (maybe open-source?). This would be a way to pay for all
the nice open-source software we use (Eclipse, Kawa, Java, Linux, etc.).

So let me know if this plugin could interest you.

Dominique Boucher