Threads?

I'm a little confused about the state of multi-thread support in Kawa.

The fluid-let docs say: "The temporary bindings are only visible in the
"So far, little or no effort has been made into making Kawa thread-safe.
There are no per-thread bindings, and the current input and output parts
are global.  That needs to change".

Those sound contradictory to me.  Is the Threads doc still correct?

Regards,
Chris Dean