Re: Kawa 1.6.98/1.6.99 compiler bug?

Tom Shields wrote:

<unknown>:0: Literals: Internal error:java.lang.Error: gnu.expr.PrimProcedure does not implement Externalizable
java.lang.Error: gnu.expr.PrimProcedure does not implement Externalizable
at gnu.expr.LitTable.error(LitTable.java:82)
at gnu.expr.LitTable.writeObject(LitTable.java:217)
at gnu.expr.LitTable.emit(LitTable.java:45)
at gnu.expr.Compilation.emitLiterals(Compilation.java:414)
at gnu.expr.Compilation.addClass(Compilation.java:1348)
at gnu.expr.Compilation.<init>(Compilation.java:740)
at gnu.expr.ModuleExp.compileToFiles(ModuleExp.java:277)
at kawa.lang.CompileFile.compile_to_files(CompileFile.java:91)
at kawa.repl.processArgs(repl.java:389)
at kawa.repl.main(repl.java:584)
I suppose that the easiest option is to ask if someone can provide me with a copy of Kawa 1.6.57 ... but maybe someone can figure out how fix the compiler bug as well.
I don't remember exactly how/when this broke.  Fixing it hasn't been
a priority, as the primitive-virtual-method syntax is now mostly
deprecated.  I now recommend the 'invoke' form (combined with type
specification of variable to allow teh compiler to select the correct
method at compile-time).

However, fixing this problem should easy.  Basically, you need to make
sure that gnu.expr.PrimProcedure implements Externalizable, which
means implementing readObject/writeObject methods.  That will require
gnu.bytecode.Method and probably also gnu.kawa.lispexprLangPrimType
to also implement Externalizable.  This should straight-forward.