Re: make errors with current cvs

This issue is from the older thread discussing runtime failure under MacOS
9.x, but using the 1.6.98 cvs instead of 1.6.97.

Exception Occurred:
getInstance for 'kawa.standard.Scheme' failed
    at gnu.expr.Interpreter.getInstance(Interpreter.java:152)
    at gnu.expr.Interpreter.getInstance(Compiled Code)
    at kawa.repl.getInterpreter(repl.java:153)
    at kawa.repl.processArgs(Compiled Code)
    at kawa.repl.main(repl.java:545)
    at
com.apple.mrj.JManager.JMStaticMethodDispatcher.run(JMAWTContextImpl.java)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

> You might try adding an 'ex.printStackTrace();' in the catch in
> getInstance to see what is really failing.

I looked into this a week or so ago, but didn't have time to document it.
There is an ex.printStackTrace call in the catch statement on line 151 of
Interpreter.java. However, I realized that I had stderr printing to a file
rather than the console, so here is the output.

    at gnu.expr.Interpreter.getInstance(Interpreter.java:146)
    at gnu.expr.Interpreter.getInstance(Compiled Code)
    at kawa.repl.getInterpreter(repl.java:153)
    at kawa.repl.processArgs(Compiled Code)
    at kawa.repl.main(repl.java:545)
    at
com.apple.mrj.JManager.JMStaticMethodDispatcher.run(JMAWTContextImpl.java)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

I am not sure if this helps, but I will do everything I can to help get this
fixed, as I know MacOS isn't a big priority for most. However, I want to
insure that every release of Kawa works on it until Kawa requires Java 2.

((lambda (args) (display args)) "
    Robert D. Skeels
     athene@earthlink.net")