Re: Bug in 'catch': can't return #!null

Jocelyn Paine wrote:

>If I have a 'catch' form
>  (catch key thunk handler)
>inside a function definition, and the thunk returns the constant #!null,
>the compiler explodes with a null pointer exception. Doesn't happen with
>other constants (though I haven't yet tried all of them).

Please give an actual (preferably small) testcase when reporting a bug.
I tried (lambda () (catch 'a (lambda () #!null) (lambda (x) x))) which
worked.

This could be related to a recent check-in where I made the change I
promised:
Basically eval and apply methds now specify 'throws Throwable', which means
primtive-throw and throw no longer need to wrap checked exceptions.
    --Per