Verification bug in stable version of kawa?

I searched the archives (to the best of my knowledge) and
did not see any mention of this.  It appears that

kawa.lib.reflection$record__accessor.apply2(Ljava.lang.Object;Ljava.lang.Object;)Ljava.lang.Object;

attempts to access

kawa.lang.GetFieldProc.<init>(Ljava.lang.Class;Ljava.lang.String;)V

but this is not a public constructor, hence this is not allowed
if verification is turned on.  I'm working from the compiled
classes, but I'm also trying to download stable and latest
versions of kawa (but it goes very slowly, about 100 bytes/second).

Is this a known bug?  Has it been fixed?

David Chase
chase@world.std.com
chase@naturalbridge.com