Class to use for lists from Java?

If I want to use Kawa lists in Java (declaring them, passing as method
parameters, appending, etc.), what classname should I use, and are there
Java-callable methods for car, cdr, cons, append, delete element and
insert element? I'm sure I could find these by looking through the source
libraries, but I'd like to use an interface that's guaranteed to remain
the same as new versions of Kawa are released.

Jocelyn Paine
http://www.ifs.org.uk/~popx/
+44 (0)7768 534 091