Re: defmacro question

ygrats@gmx.net writes:

> might it be possible to use "defmacro" defined macros, that were defined
> in the current compilation, in that itself, in the next kawa-release?

That is a goal, since I can't really consider the new module system
done without that.  However, I can't say when it will happen, make any
specific committment, as it is non-trivial.  (It means the compiler
automatically splitting out part of a module into a separate
sub-module, and compiling that before compiling the rest of the
module.)

> This unfortunately is not possible in kawa-1.6.70.
> I like macro defining macros, and this only can be achieved using
> "defmacro" not "define-syntax", as it seems.

I think you shoudl be able to use define-syntax to define macros.
If you can't, please send a test-case.