Re: continued troubles migrating from 1.6.1

> Unusual and confusing terminology.  I talk about "front" (or "beginning")
> and "back" (or "end") of a search path.

Well, I'm a musician : )  "take it from the top!"

I was thinking of it in terms of a single inheritance tree with the ancestor
link from my program "up" to the system libraries. That's obviously not how
it works, though.

Seriously, I think the development environment ought to warn you if you
won't be executing the code you think you're executing. The problem is that
with Java, the development environment isn't just launching your program, it
is building a JBindery application, and then that application with Macintosh
Runtime for Java... the JBindery application then has the name of the class
it is supposed to use to launch your application. But the development
environment doesn't really know what is going on at this point!

Thanks for everybody's help. It looks like I can finally make some progress
again!

Paul