Re: Best way to interface Java?

>>> <brlewis@alum.mit.edu> 21-Jun-00 8:05:18 PM >>>

>Nic, your reply went just to me; did you intend it for
>the list?

I only got your copy - I thought you'd sent it off list.

>What about allowing a variable number of arguments
>with keywords?
>(make-parser tag-open: myproc1
      document-start: myproc2
      document-end:  myproc3)

Hmmm... could work.

Do you consider that more "schemey" than using the environment test?

It looks a bit ugly when you have a lot of different events that you
want to catch.

One of the things I was trying to do was offer a bit of type
protection (or at least argument number protection) because the procs
used each have different number of arguments (and they are of
different types).

I realize now that none of my proposals allow that.

Perhaps I should redesign the the event procedures so they are just
thunks?

Nic

PS: thanks for your input Bruce, it's nice to feed off others on this
- I mostly use Scheme for pure scripting and therefore don't have to
think about nice code.