Re: Kawa Code Formatting

Chris Bitmead writes:
 > I would have thought it sensible to either use tabs or spaces, either
 > one providing good formatting in other editors.

Per is right, this is the way of many things I've seen on Unix, perhaps
because it's the default of Emacs.

Too many Win32 editors do as Chris says, setting tabs to display as 4
spaces if you change your indent to 4 spaces.

At work we've just said screw it, and we don't allow tabs at all. What
are they really besides some crappy compression.

Per, it's not all bad to reformat the whitespace, as long as you do it
with one checkin, and have a good ignore whitespace option on your
differ.

Not that I'm saying you should change by any means, I just feel Chris's
pain in a world of mismashed tools. There was one big mozilla file that
truly had different styles in different parts, even in the same
function. It was a huge horrible laugh.

-bri