Re: problem with environments

At 12:47 PM 3/23/00 -0500, Paul R. Potts wrote:
>The following code works under kawa 1.6.1, but fails under 1.6.64 and 1.6.66
>     Scheme myInterpreter = new Scheme();
>     Environment myEnvironment = myInterpreter . getEnvironment ();
>     Environment . setCurrent ( myEnvironment );

I don't know whether this has anything to do with the problem you are
having or not, but you might try this instead:

      Scheme.registerEnvironment();
      Scheme myScheme = Scheme.getInstance();
      myScheme.eval(...);

The difference is that registerEnvironment sets
Interpreter.defaultInterpreter.  The comment on registerEnvironment sez
that this is the method Kawa uses when generating applications and applets,
and so is probably the preferred api.

jim
James P. White                 Netscape DevEdge Champion for IFC
IFC Exchange   *   Insanely great Java   *   http://www.ifcx.org
jim@pagesmiths.com Pagesmiths' home is http://www.pagesmiths.com