Re: type specifiers for local variables

> In some cases it is important to be able to add declarations
> around a form

That seems like a reasonable need.  I do this the term `declare'
is rather ambiguous:  It is sommonly used to mean either an
`assertion' or a `definition'.  What you are suggesting is an
assertion, which suggests a more general assertion concept
might be a better choice.

Of course, I don't see adding general assertions to Kawa anytime
soon, and probably not the more restricted type-assertions
either (expect for type specifiers in conjunction with definitions).

What I would like to add is some form of typecase statement such
as various languages (Modula3 ?) have.  For example:

  (typecase a
     (ai <integer> (do-integer-computation ai))
     (else (do-number-computation a)))

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner