Fwd: prefix-dylan specification

Robert sent me some very useful information on Dylan, which I copy here.

In looking at the docs, I realize the parenthesis got me confused ;-)

So Dylan does what Per suggested at the beginning:

    (let/bind (var1
               (var2 init2)
               ((var3 type3) init3))
     ...)

It still seems very odd to me that it goes '((var type))' rather than
'((type var))', but Dylan's designers probably had a very good reason for
doing it that way so I won't argue.

Even though it is not very actively used right now, I do think that
following the prefix-dylan specification for these extensions (including
the class stuff) makes a lot of sense.  Just getting to reuse the
documentation and perhaps luring in some current or past Dylan/prefix-Dylan
users/developers makes it worthwhile.

jim

>Date: 12 Mar 99 13:38:39 -0800
>Subject: prefix-dylan specification
>From: "Robert D. Skeels" <athene@earthlink.net>
>To: "Jim White" <jim@pagesmiths.com>
>
>Mr. White:
>
>It is almost impossible to find the original prefix language specification
>these days. I have a copy of it at:
> <http://home.earthlink.net/~athene/resources/prefix-dylan.tgz>
>
>None of the current implementations support the prefix language anymore.
>However, some of the persons involved with the Gwydion project have
>mentioned they might write a prefix front-end for d2c/Mindy.
> <http://www.gwydiondylan.org/>
>
>I wasn't sure if this information was appropriate for the Kawa list, so I
>am mailing it to you. Feel free to post the information to the list if you
>feel it would help.
>

>((lambda (args) (display args)) "
>   Robert D. Skeels          | Los Angeles illustrator, designer
>   athene@earthlink.net      | http://home.earthlink.net/~athene
>   webmaster@synchrotech.com | http://www.synchrotech.com")

James P. White                 Netscape DevEdge Champion for IFC
IFC Exchange   *   Insanely great Java   *   http://www.ifcx.org
jim@pagesmiths.com Pagesmiths' home is http://www.pagesmiths.com