updated gdb source

Hi,

I've been using insight for a number of years and it's great. Thank you!

I recently installed Centos 6 on a development machine and, although insight will build, it will no longer run properly. After some investigation I discovered that some patches had been made to the dwarf2read.c and related sources in the gdb distribution due to the fact that the int/uint definitions had changed with new versions of gcc. I applied one patch and got insight to run, or at least not seg fault on loading a program, only to get an error message down the road about an 'unhandled dwarf expression opcode' when I tried to open the watch window.

So the problem seems to be that the gdb version distributed with the source is too old. Brilliantly, I thought of replacing it with a newer gdb source distribution. Unfortunately, that broke the build, and I have thrown in the towel.

Is there any way to get an updated source version with fresh gdb code that will build?

I would be eternally grateful if so.

Thanks,

Lisa McIlrath