Re: Steps to build Insight for Windows

Thanks Roland Schwingel for the detailed instructions!
I was able to build and run Insight for mingw.

There is, however, a problem: When I load a program into the debugger (compiled with -O0 -g), I can only see assembly language. The window simply "blinks" when I try to select source mode. When I try to run the program, I get the message:

"Can not parse XML target description; XML support was disabled at compile time"

I noticed when following the instructions the list of required directories included 'expat'. But there was no expat directory in the archive I downloaded. The CVS was not working so I tried both of these with similar results:

     insight-6.8-1a.tar.bz2
     insight-weekly-7.0.50-20091130.tar.bz2

The CVS browser does work and I could see an expat directory. Evidently the archives I tried are too old? Is there somewhere I can download the appropriate sources? Any insight into why source code doesn't
appear in the debugger would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Hugh Sparks