From: Carl Lowenstein [mailto:carl.lowenstein@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 4:18 PM
To: RAYAPROL Raja
Cc: Keith Seitz; insight@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: cannot build on RHEL 6

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM, RAYAPROL Raja <Raja.RAYAPROL@swift.com>
wrote:
> Keith,
>
> If I go to the source file directory (/tmp/insight-6.8) and issue
> ./configure, all I get is
>
> -bash: ./configure /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Your source file (/.configure) must have originated from a
Windows-type system, which uses control-M (^M) as part of the line
terminator.  So when the script is interpreted by bash, it tries to
find a file named "/bin/sh^M" which doesn't exist.

Google search for "bad interpreter" will give you plenty of advice
about how to cure this problem.

    carl
--
    carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                 clowenstein@ucsd.edu