Re: Insight CVS and MingW

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/12/2010 12:11 PM, Michael Trensch wrote:
>
>> I am currently trying to build a MingW Version of Insight to be able to
>> debug a ARM evaluation board using openOCD as gdbserver. I was tired of
>> using cygwin as I got into trouble when multiple applications were using
>> different cygwin dll's.
>
> Thank you for your support. For several weeks now, I've had MinGW working (or at least as much as I've tried). I will dig up my patches later today and post them to this list.
>
> So far, your patches look similar to mine. I guess that means I'm not entirely in "left field." :-)
>
> Keith

Any word on your patches Keith? I've just had a go with CVS using
Michael's patches and it all looks good for a powerpc-eabi target so
far.

Is it possible to build Insight with multiple targets enabled? I'm
about to have a go at arm-eabi but I just wondered if I could enable
both in a single binary or would it be better to just build them
separately? So far I've been building multiple binaries installed in
the same path for arm-eabi, powerpc-eabi and a slightly customised
mips target so they all share the tcl/tk parts. If it's easier to work
with multiple binaries is there some way to configure so I don't have
to build and install the tcl/tk libs multiple times?

Dave

PS: Sorry if you got this twice Keith, I messed up and managed to send
an html message to the list that got bounced.