Insight on MacOS 10.4.11

Hi,
I am trying to build insight on MacOS 10.4.11. I tried both building through the terminal shell, and the x11 shell (both bash, but slightly different interface)
The build looks to go well, but...I can't seem to find the insight executable and my copy of gdb doesn't recognize that insight exists. My copy of gdb is not located in /usr/local/bin, will this affect the install? Or is insight not confirmed to work on mac, and I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Alec Rasmussen