Re: Downloading Tcl 8.4

Hector Reyes wrote:
Question: Where do you recommend I get a version of Tcl 8.4 that will
run with insight-6.8? I would like to get an update that is compatible
with the Linux RedHat Op System and the insight-6.8 debugger.

You need to use the Tcl that comes with Insight. [While that's probably not entirely true, it's easiest.]

From where did you download Insight? All the snapshots and releases come with the proper version of Tcl/Tk/Itcl/IWidgets bundled into the tarball.

How did you build/install insight? Is there no tclsh8.4 or wish8.4 in your install directory?

Question:  Would the ActiveTcl web site provide an appropriate update
package?   This site has run time binaries claim will install without
requiring a build process.

You might be able to use that for insight, but I don't believe the configure machinery is in place to deal with this.