Re: Insight 6.8

Keith Seitz wrote:
> > Issue 1:
> > When I open my ELF-file Insight only shows me assembly code, not the
> > C++ source code. After reselecting the same ELF-file I do get source
> > code. We also get source code after downloading and running the
> > program. This happens with both debuggers and it still worked in
> > Insight 6.7.1.
>
> This is odd. Can you open a console window and type "list main"? Does it
> show the code? For some reason, Insight cannot find the source code. Can
> you try opening a debug window?

"list main" shows the correct source code. I can also select any
source file in the source window and I get the full source. It looks
like it only doesn't display the source once at startup. Weird!

> > Issue 2:
> > When I start the debugger for the 64-bit target, it starts in 32-bit
> > target mode. When I open the register window I only see the 32-bit
> > registers. After selecting the 64-bit ELF-file the register window
> > does not switch to the 64-bit register set. After closing and
> > reopening the register window I do get the 64-bit register set. I can
> > download and run the program without any problems until I stop the
> > program and open the register window again. Insight disappears without
> > an error or warning. It looks to me that it didn't switch to the
> > 64-bit architecture completely. It works with Insight 6.6 but not with
> > 6.7.1.
>
> Insight suddenly disappearing is undoubtedly a crash. I wouldn't be
> surprised if the architecture change wasn't properly recorded/noticed by
> Insight's various windows. To find the location of the crash, can you
> repeat this while running insight on gdb?

You mean debugging Insight with GDB? Kinky. I never used command line
GDB before but I will see what I can accomplish.

Hans